For over two centuries, in recognition of its rich cultural life, Matanzas has been known as «Cuba’s Athens.» For obvious reasons, it is also called «the city of bridges.» The area surrounding the city has some singularly beautiful features. The Pan de Matanzas (Matanzas Bread Loaf) Hill and the Yumurí Valley are particularly entrancing. Places to visit in the city include the Sauto Theater, the Triolet Drug Store, «Bellamar» Caves.
In this tour we will also show you the most significant places of Varadero city and the history behind them.
Suggested for: Historical, City, Nature, Adventure, Family & Children, Couples, Groups.
- Pick up at hotel.
- Sightseeing tour of Varadero including the historical area, Xanadu Golf Club, the Flea Market and Josone Park.
- Visit and swimming time at one of Cuba’s most famous caves “Saturno Cave”, regarded by many as one of the Island’s unique and unprecedented natural wonders
- Speed Boat ride through the waters of Canimar River, the largest in the Province of Matanzas. Another opportunity for the adventurous to feast their eyes with the exuberant and breathtaking verdure of the region
- Visits to the caves of Bellamar.
- Lunch at a Cuban typical food restaurant (average price 15 cuc/person)
- Sightseeing tour of Matanzas, “City of Bridges” and “The Athens of Cuba”: Vigia square, Liberty Park, Pharmaceutical Museum and Moserrate Look out over the Yumurí Valley
- Return to Varadero
Recommended: light clothing, sunglasses, photo camera, towel, cap, bathing clothes.