Cienaga de Zapata is the largest and best preserved wet land in Cuba and one of the largest in Latin America and the Caribbean, declared a Biosphere Reserve in 2000. This amazing tour includes a visit to a crocodile farm with different species, snorkeling in the Cave of the fishes, sailing through the narrow channels of the Laguna del Tesoro, and the visit to the Aldea Taina «Guamá». Probably the greatest treasure that you will find is the blinding nature that surrounds the place. Do not miss this chance of being in tune with the nature.
Suggested for: Nature, Beach & Sun, Family & Children, Couples, Groups, Adventure, Birds watching, Snorkeling.
- Pick up at hotel
- A visit to Guama Tourist Park, located in Zapata Swamp, with a total area of 10 499 Square Kilometers in the South part of Matanzas province.
- Visit “Fiesta Campesina” farm. You will be able to enjoy and learn from the cuban domestic and wild life and crops.
- Visit to Guama’s Crocodile breeding Farm.
- Snorkeling and swim at «Cueva de los peces» in the Caribbean Sea. Plenty birds watching opportunities.
- Lunch at a Cuban typical food restaurant (average price is 15 cuc/per person)
- Visit a local house where they feed bee hummingbirds (the smallest bird of the world). You can see them in their natural habitat.
- Boat trip by Canals through La Laguna del Tesoro, a beautiful natural lake which is 4 meters deep and has an area of 9 Square Kilometers, surrounded by a virgin vegetation where we can find lots of trouts.
- Panoramic journey through the aborigine hamlet where you can see some sculptures in natural size showing some of the daily activities these inhabitants used to do at that time.
- Return to hotel
Recommended: light clothing, sunglasses, photo camera, towel, cap, bathing clothes, sun cream